Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Scrap yard fence complete

The scrap yard now is fully enclosed with a fence as well as the office structure and the trackside crane stone base.  The gate to the scrap yard is on the far side of the enclosure.  This facility fills the open area at the inside corner of the layout extension.


The scrap yard is surrounded by various industries.


Most of the fence was made using the Alloy Forms cast metal kit.  To fill it out I used corrugated metal sheet material and wood strips.


I have added a very few scrap items at this point, but I have selected two boxes of potential metal scrap material that needs to be painted and weathered.  There will be a fair amount of railroad parts as well as a number of automobile parts and scrap auto bodies.  I will not be using any commercial molded scrap piles as I do not believe they look very realistic.  Detailing and installing this scrap material is actually quite time consuming.  I am still building the steam shovel/bucket lift for the yard.

I also decided to hang the wood scrap box from the crane hook.



No comments: