Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Building supply co work shop

This is the building supply company work shop.  It will be located to the right of the lumber shed.  The reason it is tall its there is a traveling crane inside to move materials around the shop  (it is not actually modeled since it cannot be seen).


There will be an open shed extending out from this side with machinery and materials inside.


The figure inside the door is again a modified Plasticville figure.


In this view you can see the vent fan installed and below the side window is a compressed gas container located outside of the building for safety.  Below is a photo I took years ago that was the inspiration for this gas container model.  The model was made using a cheap commercial tank and scratch built details on the top.


Above is the prototype tank taken long ago at a forgotten location.

This is the end of the year and I would like to wish all of my viewers a very Happy New Year!  My wife and I will be celebrating at home with a bottle of sparkling wine.  Tomorrow we will be going out for our traditional new years day brunch with our kids and grand kids.  I expect 2017 to be a good year with lots more modeling.  😄







No comments: