Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Another vacuum machine for the factory

I built another industrial vacuum machine for my industrial vac company.  It is 9 1/2 feet high to the top of the cylinder and 7 feet long.  It was made using miscellaneous scrap parts, wire and bits of plastic.  It is modeled along the lines of one of the prototypes I posted.  It is fun doing these unusual machines.



While I was building the vac, I also assembled a pick-up truck kit by Sylvan.  I have built a number of their kits.  They are moulded using a polyurethane resin that is fairly soft and easy to remove flash.   The tires are actually moulded rubber which fit over the wheel hub.  I painted my truck gray versus the somewhat bright color in their illustration.


These models were a breather from the structure building.  I was also involved in some nice family events - can't do modeling all of the time.

I have been working on the location for the vac factory doing such things as road crossings on the track that runs by where the factory will be located.




No comments: