Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Glue factory building 1 progress

This first building of the glue factory is taking me a lot longer than I thought so I decided to post some progress photos.  This first building is the boiler plant and contains the glue liquor vats where the glue ingredients are heated in the first step in the glue making process.


This building is being constructed on a Hydrocal stone foundation left over from an old kit.  I used plastic brick wall material glued to a cardstock backing.  I have yet to construct the roof.  I am building a rudimentary interior for what can be seen through the open door.


The billboard wall will be to the left of the back of this structure.


 The above elevated view shows the three vats and three figures inside the building.  That is about all that can be seen through the doorway so it will be the extent of the interior detail.

Similar to the factory seen in the prior postcard, there will be several more buildings in this complex.

In answer to the question, the building is 4" wide by 8 1/2 inches long or 29' x 60' HO.  



1 comment:

Ed Feulner said...

Thanks, Stan, for posting these and all of your earlier photos. It looks great!

What's the size of the boiler building? Onward! Ed Feulner