Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Glue factory progress

Here is my progress on the glue factory.  It has been slow due to personal obligations.  I added some signs to the boiler house including a name for the glue factory.  I named it the Dobbin Glue Factory - a little humor.  I also built the coal storage structure next to the boiler house and added some weathering.  In front of the coal storage structure is the coal dump pit which will have the track siding over it.




The transfer line carrying the bucket will go from over the pit to the opening in the opening in the coal storage structure.  I spent a lot of time figuring out how this will work and finally arrived at a reasonable solution which I will display at a later time.


Above is a photo of the bucket I built using card stock and wood strips.  The bucket and mechanism is about 8 feet high.  This is not a good photo but you get the idea.  I just changed my photo application from iPhoto to Photos (I am a Mac user) and am still getting used to it.


Above is a detail photo of the pit.  The near section will have the track siding over it and the far end will be for bucket loading.   




No comments: