Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Factory model

My next model will be a four story factory in a corner of my layout extension next to the platform scale company.  I have not yet decided what the function of the factory will be.  I am working on the design and have made a tentative mockup to determine size and general appearance.  The photo below is the inspiration for my design.   I will not be modeling it in total detail, but more in general.


There will be an alley through the center of the factory, and one or more elevated walkways.  Making the factory model tall will help to disguise the inside corner.  I will also install a large square brick smoke stack in the corner atop the factory, again to help disguise the corner.  This factory will not be rail served.

This will be another brick model and will have a flat roof.

No comments: