Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Gas station model

I have mostly completed the gas station model - still some details to be added but I wanted to get something up since it has been a while.  The model is built on a two part styrene base, the bottom layer being the whole base and the top layer only the concrete front area.  Since the base is quite thin it has a little warp which will disappear after it is glued down on the layout.


The building is totally scratch built from wood with commercial clapboard siding and a Campbell shingle roof.  The pump area has a base casting of unknown origin from my stash and is slightly modified.  The pumps are I believe Chooch detail parts.  The work ramp on the right is made from wood.


The right side view.  There are some tires and some shelving with tools on it.


Above is the left side and rear view.

This is a very small gas station which will be placed in my industrial area of my layout extension.


And here is the model with additional details including a figure at the back pumping oil from a barrel into a bucket.  There are a number of auto parts scattered on the ground (or at least things that look like they might be auto parts. I also added some more vegetation and some weathering.


No comments: